Tuesday, March 3, 2009

AIT Life In Pictures

Well I feel like I have rejoined the world - we are in our new house, our phone is finally connected and I am online! I feel as if my missing limb has returned! I have so much news I don't know where to start....

Home

Well we are well settled at Retire's house. It is one of the newer houses on the island and is quite comfortable. It stands on short stilts...we were recently told that the house was going to have a basement but one of the builders trimmed off all the extra tall posts until they were 1 meter off the ground whilst Retire was in town, so now the house is on short poles!



One Foot

Below are some photos of our trip to One Foot Island the other weekend. The first pic shows Annie Bishop helping the kids find crabs, the second shows us all on the boat with Teina at the helm.



You'll note Sienna's short hair cut below - I cut it on our 4th day here as she was getting so hot with all those curls - and the kids playing by the boat while we relaxed under the trees on the beach. The colour is for real. I always suspected filters and touchups on some of those photos you see of the Aitutaki lagoon, but the proof is here - the aqua and tuquiose colours are just incredible.



So now we are up to date a bit, stay tuned for installments on school, Aitutaki WILD life, and the arrival of the container ship (OK, so might just be exciting for us...)

Signing off with another beautiful sunset....ka kite



xxJen

No comments:

Post a Comment